Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Auntie Tally




When Auntie Tally decided to show up at the hospital on delivery day, she probably assumed she'd just do a meet and greet of me, her newborn niece. SOOOO not the case. Sure, doctors and nurses all told Mommy that I'd be delivered at around noon, so when Auntie Tally arrived at 1pm...she was quite surprised to see me still inside Mommy. So Aunt Tally and Daddy took turns comforting Mommy when she needed comforting and retreating to the corner when she became belligerent (Luv you, Mommy!). During the hard labor, Auntie Tally and Daddy each grabbed a leg and told Mommy to "PUSH!" "C'mon one more time." "You're doing great!" Having her support meant the world to my Mommy and will bond Auntie and I forever. (Not to mention the fingernail back scratches Mommy received from Tally, that's something Daddy just doesn't have the knack for) I can't wait until the day where we can back a few Shirley Temples and reminisce about the whole ordeal. Wow, I'm already getting emotional about it (or am I just having an adverse reaction to my diaper rash?) and it was only five days ago. I'm definitely my mother's daughter! Luv ya, Mommy! ;)

3 comments:

kp said...

Jeez, in my head Tally is still right around 6.

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful baby! Welcome to the world. Tell your parents I said hello and congratulations!

Anonymous said...

By the way, my email is QueenB, how dare they just say queen! This is Tia :-)