Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sea World Sloshing!








Avast Mateys!

I hath returned from me swashbucklin' adventure at sea...Sea World, that is. Oh my, what fun it was in the sun, friends! As you know, it was hovering around 110 in the Valley of Los Angeles, so the fam and I decided (mostly me, really) that 85 was the perfect temp to take a road trip down to San Diego.

Upon gaining free entry--yes, two and under have it made in the shade...I can literally go anywhere in the world for free. Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~whoo-hoo~~~~ FREEEEEEEEE. CRAZY, I know. I would take offense to it, if I wasn't milking the system for all it was worth. I can't tell you the amount of times I went out and came back in at the turnstiles.

"Excuse me, Miss, do you need a reentry stamp?"

"Nope. I'm thirteen months...Freeeeeeeeeee! Heeheeheeheehee..."

Round and round I went. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. "Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" "Weeeeeeee!"

Slim (our ticket taker) could only shake his head, while my parents both shrugged their shoulders, having given up on trying to control my amoral behavior months ago. They don't call me Silly Lili for nothin!?!?!

"Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Ah, I do love to entertain myself!

Now, as we approached the Isle of Untold Fun, I spied Atlantis: A water roller coaster. Shiver me timbers, I was shakin' in me booties! But, as an old pirate acquaintance of mine once said: "Arrgh, it be too late to alter course..." That didn't stop me stomach from churning, but it did make me poop a little in my pants. You know the feeling... Luckily, mommy persuaded daddy not to take me on the big rides until next time, even though he tried to convince her that if I fell asleep I would never be the wiser. Ooh, my daddy is a troublemaker, thank the lord I have mommy to distract him with ice cream, churros and funnel cakes. Oh, and BTW...I love all things sugar! Fancy that. It was quite the weekend, lemme tell ya. First came blackberry ice cream, then came churros, then came black licorice. I'm never eating healthy food again. A strict Ben & Jerry's diet from here on out. Who's with me? You. Me. You? Me? Just me, then?

So, our first stop was Sesame Street's Bay of Play. Elmo, Big Bird, The Count...all my faves in a waterfilled adventure plaza!!! Yes, shoots of water flying out of every nook and cranny, while kids ran amok! Fab-U-lous! I have found my new passion in life: running amok! I must get that from mommy. In. Out. In. Out. I was everywhere...lemme tell ya. Mommy and daddy looked plain tuckered out, and we had only just begun. Land ho! Let's GOOOOOOO!

Next stop was Bouncyland. For 42" and under ONLY! Again, I fit the bill. Yeah, me! It was like walking on jello and I got in the swing of things quick, bumping into other kids and rolling around, until some bully bounced me to the mat. After a little cry, and my daddy staring down the bully's parents, all was right with the world. See, after bumping a few more kids, the bully hurt himself and cried his big dumb head off. Wussy! Ah karma, it's a beach! (I'm not allowed to curse)

After a delicious ice cream bar snack, mommy and I ran thru the sprinklers and headed over to the dolphin show. I mean, it was cool and all, but for the life of me, I just couldn't sit still. Daddy said I was on a sugar high all day. Whatever it was, I'm hooked. Cap'n Hooked that is. Aaaaaaargh! Heeheeheehee! Truth be told, I'm still a little twitchy...

Now, after visiting a few of the aquariums, chasing me around during lunch, through the exhibits, and around the churro kart, mommy and daddy were ready to call it a day. I couldn't believe it, we hadn't even seen Shamu! Shame on u! Quickly, I scanned the map! X marked the spot! Not to be deterred, I steered them towards what I believe to be the saving grace of Sea World: Budweiser Land! Yes, finally a ride for adults, in the form of free beer samples! What a fun thing for the older set, and a genius move by the park designers. That really took the edge off mommy and daddy, and I'd say gave us two to three bonus hours at the park!!! Daddy even cleared out the pathway with an enormous belch. I was so proud of him at that moment! What a cutie! Mommy even laughed...something I'm not sure she would've had the gumption to do pre-beer.

Yes, after getting sloshed on grog and with our bellies full of renewed spirits, we set sail for the outer reaches of the park and finally Shamu. SHAM-ON! Splash Zone here we come...except I fell asleep. I caught a bit of the show between naps, but that sun finally zapped me of all my energy. When it was all over, well, I fell asleep in my carriage...and woke up somewhere along I-5 headed north. I'm not even sure if mommy and daddy bought me any impluse trinkets on the way out!?!!?! They better have, or we're going back, you scurvy dawgs!

Last night, after screaming my head off with joy and recapping our many adventures, I finally passed out around 9:30pm (a new record!) and dreamt of dolphins, whales, and most of all, buckets of ice cream. Glorious, ice cream! I'd walk the plank for you, I love you so!

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of suds!

Love,

First Mate, Lili (.)

1 comment:

MLove said...

Sounds like you found a way to beat the heat!

Great photos.