The Southern California sweltering heat is upon us. It's 105+ degrees today and forecasted to continue into the weekend. DRATS! None of the children at the daycare are allowed to play outside because it is too darn hot. I told Jeff that in other parts of the country, people stay indoors because of the cold. In the Southwest, people have to stay inside because of the heat!
In addition, with Jeff working on Sundays, Saturdays are our family day together. It is a precious day and typically, we discuss at least 10 different activity options throughout the course of the week trying to find something that will be fun for us ... and of course, for Lili. Thus far, we have discussed 1) staying at home and building forts, 2) going to the cool indoor mall where we can ride the carousel ride, 3) going to an outdoor music festival in Pasadena, and 4) going to the San Diego Sea World. It's only Thursday and we have a hodge-podge of ideas. Fun is #1 but man, we need to beat the heat!
Will keep you posted ...
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kris,
Stay cool. We're enjoying the mid to high 70s on this first day of summer. I wish it would stay just like this: perfect.
And, yes, I've bookmarked you too, so I'll be checking in on life at the other Lili's home. By the way, I've ridden my Lily five times now.
Have a good TGIF.
I laughed when I read your options. We are actually heading to San Diego for the first time in my life ever - maybe we will see you around Sea World! It is after all a small world. I guess I am not completely sure where you guys live I did not think you lived that southern when talking to Jeff!
I wish I could feel sorry for you, but try 114! It's hotter than stink here and we're wishing we were in California.
Post a Comment