It’s Father’s Day today and everyone, I’ve got the coolest, funniest, sweetest, awesome-est Daddy in the world. Go Daddy! Go Daddy! Woop Woop! And even though I’ve only been in this world 6 whole weeks (give or take 9 months in Mommy’s belly), I’ve already got Daddy wrapped around my little ‘ol thumb. How do I know this? Well, I know this because …
Daddy goes to the grocery store or Target almost everyday to get something for me … water, formula, diapers, outfits, etc. and he never ever complains about it. Mommy says that secretly, Daddy is looking hard for a limited release and highly coveted Wii game playing system… but I know that he just wants to make sure my diaper changing table and closet are well stocked.
Daddy has forgone his Wired Entertainment Mag for the Parenting Mag when he goes to the potty. Me thinks it must be his new favorite reading material because he’s in there for sooooooooooo long.
Daddy and Mommy have a running competition to see who can come up with the most fun games for me every day. They like to compare notes, try the new game, and see who can get me to smile and show off my secret dimples.
When Daddy gets home from work … he scoops me up, kisses me, and takes over for the evening. I miss him too so I try to save up my poopiest diapers for the evening … just to make him feel special.
Daddy has already named the 19th hole on the mini-golf course at our family cabin in Washington. It’s going to be called “Lili’s Dot!” They said they will teach me all the tricks so that I can beat Grandpa Bock when I am 3 years old. Mommy said that she will do all that she can to ensure that I beat Daddy, the 3 Time Mini-Golf Grandmaster, by the time I’m 5. WATCH OUT DADDY!
Finally, Daddy is so in love with me that he’s already thinking of names for my future brothers and sisters. Hooray! Little siblings I can boss around just like Mommy (because everyone knows that Mommy is the bossiest mommy around … in a good way!). Granted, my kingdom of little siblings might be a couple of years away so until then … I will simply wave my all-powerful thumb, drink my delicious bottle of milky goodness, fall asleep on Daddy’s chest, and be content knowing I’m Daddy’s #1 Little Girl.
LOVE YOU FOREVER DADDY!
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment