



Howdy ho! My parents have been a little preoccupied these days planning a couple of family vacations so I thought I would plan a couple of my own getaways. You see, sometimes a child needs to take a respite from the routine of feeding, burping, diapering, and what not to establish one’s independence and identity as a unique individual. Mommy says that this is a part of normal adolescent development. What? I can be an adolescent at 7 weeks. What’s wrong with that? That “newborn” label can be soooo limiting. UGH! But I digress. Back to my vacation … granted, I haven’t been further than Santa Monica or Santa Barbara but from the pix, here are my fav-o-rite spots:
1) The Bock family cabin in Washington State, overlooking Newman Lake
2) Great Grandma and Grandpa Straw’s farm in Ohio, overlooking rows and rows of corn fields
3) A close third might be my new Baby BFF (best friend forever, DUH!) Leah in Hawaii. Leah’s parents just moved to the Big Island and I’m hoping we can get there sooner than late). More about the Baby BFFs later …
I’ve been told that the Bock Family Cabin is a very special place where friends and family far and wide have stayed since the 40’s and special festivities are held every July 4. This place is home to some raucous games of bad candy bar poker, ping pong, waverunning, mini golf, folf (Frisbee golf) ... and even an 'ol fashion rope swing! Mommy and Daddy are planning our big road trip to Idaho in late July and I can’t wait to make my BIG DEBUT at the cabin. What? You wanna go too? Let me know and I’ll hook ya up.
Me thinks my other future fav vacation home is my Great Grandparents’ farm in Ohio. This big farm has humongous raspberry bushes, a strawberry patch, corn field, and lots of other scrumptious goodies … along with a farmhouse where tiny little kittens hideaway. You might not know it but I have a HECK A LOT OF FAMILY in Ohio (and a little in Michigan and Florida too. Hi Cousins!). Yep, my Grandpa Straw has 8 brothers and sisters so that means I got waaaaaaaaaaaay too many aunts, uncles, first and second cousins to count. (Mommy really has no idea how many cousins I have). Somehow they all fit in my great grandparent’s house every Sunday to eat the biggest meal ever. Mmmmmm. Great Grandma Wielinski also lives in Ohio and her house is surrounded by the biggest pine trees and an awesome sewing room where beautiful quilts and blankets are handmade. Ah, relaxation!
Before I go, I wanted to give a special shout out to my cousins and best friends across the nation … there’s a lot and I love ‘em all. Hopefully, we’ll all meet soon and we can rock out to my annual music CD of the coolest new music ever. TTFN!
A Whole Mess A Cousins!
Cole and Ellie – Tom and Heather (parents)
Sylvianna (the -anna’s are set for world domination)– Wayne and Jessica (parents)
Robbie – Rex and Terri (parents)
Josie & Tanner – Doug and Karen (parents)
Austen, Loren and Haylee - Adam and Wendy (parents)
Ashleigh and Seth - Derek and Michele (parents)
Jessica, Justin, and Jordan – Dennis and Terri (parents)
Shelby, Zoe, and Hayden - JD and Jennifer (parents)
Pierce and India – Bob and Vicki (parents)
Gracie and Tayla - Shannon and Keith (parents)
Baby Best Friends Forever (BBFF's)
Haley and Loren - Ryan and Jaime (parents)
Connor - Chad and Kelli (parents)
Zachary – Aaron and Jessica (parents)
Ava - Chad and Sasha (parents)
Jack & Lily - Bruce and Chris (parents)
Grace - Jeff and Jenny (parents)
Rachel - Susan and Fred (parents)
Emma - Karen and Max (parents)
Leah - Ruth and Jason (parents)
1) The Bock family cabin in Washington State, overlooking Newman Lake
2) Great Grandma and Grandpa Straw’s farm in Ohio, overlooking rows and rows of corn fields
3) A close third might be my new Baby BFF (best friend forever, DUH!) Leah in Hawaii. Leah’s parents just moved to the Big Island and I’m hoping we can get there sooner than late). More about the Baby BFFs later …
I’ve been told that the Bock Family Cabin is a very special place where friends and family far and wide have stayed since the 40’s and special festivities are held every July 4. This place is home to some raucous games of bad candy bar poker, ping pong, waverunning, mini golf, folf (Frisbee golf) ... and even an 'ol fashion rope swing! Mommy and Daddy are planning our big road trip to Idaho in late July and I can’t wait to make my BIG DEBUT at the cabin. What? You wanna go too? Let me know and I’ll hook ya up.
Me thinks my other future fav vacation home is my Great Grandparents’ farm in Ohio. This big farm has humongous raspberry bushes, a strawberry patch, corn field, and lots of other scrumptious goodies … along with a farmhouse where tiny little kittens hideaway. You might not know it but I have a HECK A LOT OF FAMILY in Ohio (and a little in Michigan and Florida too. Hi Cousins!). Yep, my Grandpa Straw has 8 brothers and sisters so that means I got waaaaaaaaaaaay too many aunts, uncles, first and second cousins to count. (Mommy really has no idea how many cousins I have). Somehow they all fit in my great grandparent’s house every Sunday to eat the biggest meal ever. Mmmmmm. Great Grandma Wielinski also lives in Ohio and her house is surrounded by the biggest pine trees and an awesome sewing room where beautiful quilts and blankets are handmade. Ah, relaxation!
Before I go, I wanted to give a special shout out to my cousins and best friends across the nation … there’s a lot and I love ‘em all. Hopefully, we’ll all meet soon and we can rock out to my annual music CD of the coolest new music ever. TTFN!
A Whole Mess A Cousins!
Cole and Ellie – Tom and Heather (parents)
Sylvianna (the -anna’s are set for world domination)– Wayne and Jessica (parents)
Robbie – Rex and Terri (parents)
Josie & Tanner – Doug and Karen (parents)
Austen, Loren and Haylee - Adam and Wendy (parents)
Ashleigh and Seth - Derek and Michele (parents)
Jessica, Justin, and Jordan – Dennis and Terri (parents)
Shelby, Zoe, and Hayden - JD and Jennifer (parents)
Pierce and India – Bob and Vicki (parents)
Gracie and Tayla - Shannon and Keith (parents)
Baby Best Friends Forever (BBFF's)
Haley and Loren - Ryan and Jaime (parents)
Connor - Chad and Kelli (parents)
Zachary – Aaron and Jessica (parents)
Ava - Chad and Sasha (parents)
Jack & Lily - Bruce and Chris (parents)
Grace - Jeff and Jenny (parents)
Rachel - Susan and Fred (parents)
Emma - Karen and Max (parents)
Leah - Ruth and Jason (parents)
No comments:
Post a Comment