Friday, May 30, 2008

OMG! BIG ME!












Helloooooooooo! I say hello, you say goodbye. Yes friends and frenemies, I've hit quite a milestone this week...I'm not an infant anymore, I'm a YOUNG TODDLER! And I absolutely hate it! At my daycare, after visiting off and on for a couple weeks, I made the full transition from the Infant Room to the Young Toddler Room. It's pretty scary 'cuz everyone can walk and talk and run around like they're in a hive. I refuse to be a part of their collective! So now, instead of being the biggest and most rambunctious girl in the room...I'm the littlest again. :( Plus, I knew everyone and where everything was at in the old room. Rosie said I was a star pupil, and I'll miss her the most...she did promise she'd come and visit, but I miss doing our morning cleaning duties and giving bottles to the babies...it's a strange new world in this room and I'm not sure where I fit in yet. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I've cried every day this week when mommy and daddy dropped me off. Some Young Toddler I'm turning out to be, huh? I've been balling like a six-week-old with an ear infection. This whole thing is a really BIG DEAL...and, well, I guess it's got me feeling very small. Sometimes I like to sit in the corner and watch the other kids play, because I'm just trying to adjust to my surroundings. I know everyone means well, and I'm sure this is just a phase, but right now, when I'm at school, I feel like my shirt is my only friend!!! :( We talk, we laugh, we tell secrets, I feed it leftovers. As far as friends go, shirt is pretty fun to hang around with...but I miss my buds in the Infant Room. When I try to look at the situation objectively, I realize my transitioning is bittersweet; on one hand I'm getting older and more sure of myself, on the other hand I'm grappling with feelings of detachment and anxiety that are often times overpowering for my little mind to comprehend. Ah, life. You vex me, you really do. Luckily, through it all, I know that at some point in the day mommy or daddy will come back and sweep me up in their arms. That thought alone makes me smile on the inside (even if I blabbering on the outside) and gives me the strength I need to carry on each day. You know, a big, gigantic hug from someone you love makes all the difference in the world.

Hugs to you all,

Lili (.)

No comments: