Wow, I just can't believe I've been alive for nearly 8 months...sometimes it seems much longer, sometimes it seems like just yesterday. I've learned so much about life in my short time here and I've spent the first day of 2008 reflecting on how I've lived it thus far...which interestingly enough led me to some very big questions I have about myself. I guess reflection and assessment is how we understand ourselves better and how we mature as people.
1. Condense my BMs to one per day. I'm going green, what can I say? (In more ways than one) This will not only help the environment by saving diapers and countless wipes, but also save me the embarassment of my parents discussing the size and scope of my "routine." Don't they have better things to discuss? Seriously.
2. Enjoy life to the fullest. Y'know skydiving, bungie-jumping, mini-golf. Sometimes I feel I'm too introspective, which leads to retrospection, and eventually lends itself to immobilizing perplex-tion. It can be a vicious cycle.
3. Eat more vegetables. I'm such a baby when it comes to vegis. BLAH!
4. Discover the hidden secrets of the TV cabinet. Mommy and Daddy won't let me go in there. Every time I try to crawl towards it, they pull me back and scorn my efforts. I assume that there must be something extremely valuable in there with amazing texture...something that would be oh-so-fabulous in my mouth. Secret cabinet...I shall discover your vast treasures!
5. Parent-proof the house. Now that they are hard at work baby-proofing our house, basically taking all the fun out of being able to crawl and get my hands on everything, I shall secretly do the same to them. Oh, when they try to get into their underwear drawers and find that they have latches on them...boy, will they be out of luck. Dang, I'm sneaky!
6. Learn the English language. I mean REALLY learn it. For the most part, I've just been putting this one off. It's so complicated. I mean, I always forget to use a Possessive before a Gerand!?! Get it together, Lilianna!
7. Learn to play an instrument. Like Pots & Pans, or Fisher Price's Xylophone.
8. Share my toys. Daddy likes to take them and put them in his mouth...I immediately take them back and put them in mine. I really try to let him enjoy them, but he looks like he's having so much fun shaking his head back and forth and growling--I just can't help myself.
9. Clean up my toys. Or, at the very least, hide them under the couch more often.
10. Start my own retirement fund. It's never too early, you dig?
Hope everyone had a safe and sane New Year's! I know my Mommy and Daddy did--they both fell asleep before midnight. Pretty sad, I know. But you've got to cut them some slack, they're first time parents, and really are just winging it, y'know. Anyway, I had to stay up and light the fireworks myself. I even toasted solo with my bootleg bottle of Martinelli's...which I drank straight from the bottle. Yup...such a rebel!!!
Luv Y'all!
TTFN--and have a super-great '08!!!
Lili (.)
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think those are super resolutions!! Very do-able too!! Looks like you have a good head on shoulders lili!!
Sasha
Post a Comment