Monday, August 9, 2010

Knott's Berry Farm


So, I'm either the best daddy in the world, or the worst. Time will tell here, as Lili Dot practically begged to go on the log flume ride, yet this picture says it all. There may be years of therapy ahead for her, but, in my defense, she was laughing hysterically by the time we got to the bottom and said, "I want to go again!" No, whether that was just shock or the simple truth...we'll just have to wait and see.


Also, I did forget her stroller that day, and we had to "bargain" all day about when I would carry her and when she would walk.


A sample conversation:


Lili Dot: "Can I go uppy?"


Daddy: "You're 35 pounds! That's like 2 sacks of potatoes!"


Lili Dot: "Can you carry me?"


Daddy: "Daddy's back is sore."


Lili Dot: "I want uppy!"


Daddy: "Ok. I'll carry you when we get to that big tree over there..."


Lili Dot: "No. The flag up there..."


Daddy: "No. The old bank up there..."


Lili Dot: "Whaaaaaaa." (grumble, grumble)...


She was actually pretty good and only had one meltdown...which was short-lived thanks to her and I finding a GIANT CLAW MACHINE. I mean, you've seen claw machines before, but never like this: IT WAS HUMONGOUS! Like the size of an elephant! In fact, she still talks about it almost every day: "Remember that giant claw!?!?"


Yes. Yes, I do. And I also remember that time I pooped like a hippopotamus at mommy's house...

No comments: