Friday, November 21, 2008

I call her...Lilipop!



Lot's of firsts are starting to happen. The photo shows Lili's first lollipop. I'm thinking that it will be the first of many... Sure, she got more of the lollipop drool on her shirt than in her mouth, but it kept her busy for a good fifteen minutes-- which feels like an eternity to those of us who are sleep deprived parents.

Sleeping through the night on a consistent basis has been a godsend. Oh how Kris and I love this new trend of hers.

Jumping on the bed...and falling face first into the blankets. She absolutely thinks this is the best thing on earth. And it may be, I've tried it, and also start screaming for joy at the top of my lungs.

Knowing her moods, and setting routines. Last night for instance, she didn't even fuss when I placed her in her crib. Usually she runs away from us, or even hides under the table when she hears the words: "bed" or "sleep." But lately, after her bath and story time and running amok for a bit, she rests her head on our shoulders and nuzzles up to us. Anyway, last night, as I brought her up the stairs, I told her I loved her and that I would see her in the morning. Instead of shaking her head "no," she stretched out her neck out and puckered up for a kiss. It was the first time she had initiated that with me, and it was one peck I'll never forget. So sweet. Man, she is so loving and just a ball of energy...it is magnificent. If you don't have one already, go out and get yourself one of these little baby-things...no wonder they are the hottest thing going! Yes, even hotter than Elmo and the Wii this Christmas, I'm told.

With love,

Daddy

No comments: