So, we were at Target this week (my fave) with the fam, and as always, we rushed over to my favorite spot: the cage of plastic multi-colored balls. Daddy was a good sport and got one down for me, but, of course, I wanted the ones at the bottom. Everyone knows, those are the freshest! But this time, I became lulled into boredom very quickly...until...something else caught my eye: BUBBLES! Yes, the clearance toy section had loads of purple and green bubble containers. Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I just adore organizing. Oh yeah, at daycare I like to take all the baby dolls out of their box, line them up, and then put them back. I can be entertained for hours. Rumor is, my Daddy used to spend a lot of time lining up bottle caps and matchbox cars...so I guess it runs in the family. And at home, every time the fridge is ajar, I take out all the salad dressings, condiments and Mrs. Buttersworth and line them all up...then try to put them back in the shelves. Its especially hard, because the Mayo is so DARN uncooperative. Anywho, I ran lickety-split over the fifty or so bottles and immediately got to work. Mommy and Daddy were so excited, knowing that I would be completely transfixed for fifteen minutes or so ("a gift from the lord above") that Daddy ran to the sporting goods section and grabbed a couple expandable chairs. Yup, they plopped their tired-selves down in the aisle and watched in wonderment as their daughter took them off the shelf, put them on the floor, organized them, rinse, repeat..."IT WAS BETTER THAN SEA WORLD!!!" I heard Mommy say. An elderly couple even stopped by and tried to adopt me, they thought I was so cute. I do feel crummy that no one was able to use that aisle for half an hour, but man, those bubbles needed some serious organization and I'm just the baby for the job! I wonder if Target hires minors? I could use the extra dough. My allowance just ain't cuttin' it these days with the recession and all. Maybe I should just start up my own small business? That's the only way to make a real buck these days. Hmm. Need your closets cleaned? Call me! Lili's Round Up Service. Yee-haa! Ooh, I wonder if I could use a lasso?
Well, I've added a couple new words to my vocabulary lately: "I did it!" and "Abba." Yes, I speak often of my favorite Swedish supergroup of the seventies. Mamma Mia! I just gots ta sing and I just gots ta dance!
Happy Birthday, Cousin Jim! Don't worry, I ate your ice cream for you, and swam in your hot tub! Your family loves you!!! In fact, it was such a special day, that I got my first taste of chocolate milk. Utterly Moooo-licious! I may never drink anything that doesn't come from a ChocoCow again!
Love and cupcakes,
Lili (.)
Well, I've added a couple new words to my vocabulary lately: "I did it!" and "Abba." Yes, I speak often of my favorite Swedish supergroup of the seventies. Mamma Mia! I just gots ta sing and I just gots ta dance!
Happy Birthday, Cousin Jim! Don't worry, I ate your ice cream for you, and swam in your hot tub! Your family loves you!!! In fact, it was such a special day, that I got my first taste of chocolate milk. Utterly Moooo-licious! I may never drink anything that doesn't come from a ChocoCow again!
Love and cupcakes,
Lili (.)
1 comment:
Every house needs an organizer! I loved the image of the 3 of you taking up an entire aisle of Target - it made me laugh out loud!
Cheers
April
Post a Comment