Monday, July 6, 2009

My 1st Ballgame!









Play ball!
My Godfather Paddy hit a home run with me last week...he sprung for Dodgers tickets!!! Whoo-hoo! My first professional sports game! Alas, I know my daddy was a bit disappointed it wasn't soccer or badminton, but at least it was two great teams: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Seattle Mariners! That doesn't happen very often apparently, and the M's actually dominated 5-1! Not that I really cared about that...I was much more into the lights that were on top of the stadium. So bright!!! Entrancing, really. And then, all those people! In fact, the first thing I did when I sat down is say: "Food!" Sure Ichiro was at bat, but my stomach was rumblin! I saw someone with fries, so daddy and I made the first of several trips to the concession stand! That's what baseball is all about, isn't it?! Snackity-snickity-snackeroos! I also loved the lemonade and ice cream. I think Daddy and I hit for the cycle as far as the concession stand food was concerned. Whoo-hoo!

All in all, I lasted until the 8th inning before having a major league meltdown. But for the most part I just flirted with Paddy and sat between my daddy's legs looking at all the cool stuff on the ground. What a day at the ballpark! Thanks for taking me out to the old ballgame, Uncle Paddy!!!! BTW- that seventh inning stretch song really frightened me!!!! All those people chanting...it was like some strange cult that nobody warned me about. People sure are strange!

Kisses. Hugs. Home Runs!
Lili (.)

No comments: