Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend: Mirth and Meltdowns

Lake Casitas Waterpark (close to Ojai) & Dahlia Farm

Yuppers, the fam and I packed up our bags and rolled out of town, joining the masses as we hit the Ventura highway, and headed north on the official last weekend of summer. The plan was a simple one: I would sleep, my parents would enjoy the scenery. When I awoke, we would be at our destination. Guess what? Lili don't play that game! No, now that I am no longer lulled to sleep by long drives and combustion engines, I often like to speak my mind and babble about politics and such, keeping the conversation going the ENTIRE way. And when nobody listens to me...well...then I just cry. That's how I roll now. Though I wasn't the only one who had mini meltdowns...both mommy and daddy had a couple each as I have begun to let the world know my true colors! That's me, highly opinionated and cute as a button. This allows me to get away with almost anything! Heehee! Whoo-hoo! I'm running around the house with toilet paper rolls right now...and no one can stop me!

The waterpark was magnificent...and so was the push-up (see photo below)! I would've eaten the whole thing too, but daddy insisted he keep showing me the correct way to push it up. Sneaky guy! Now, although I'm bigger than 18 inches, the pool came up to my chest, so I couldn't go in alone...although I really, really, really, made an effort to do just that!!!! See where my parents are holding my hands? Well, the second they let go...I was gone...headed for waterpark bliss! I did enjoy the "shower" area, where I ran through the many streams and let off steam! By the end of the day, I was so cold I was shivering, but crying bloody murder to make my parents let me go back in! That's a conundrum for any parent...and eventually, in part, what led to their breakdowns. Personally, I could've stayed all day. I wasn't going to sleep or eat, mind you, not with all that excitement going around me!!!! I was so energized by the enormity of my aquatic adventure, in fact...that I cried all the way home! Weeeeeeee! I wonder when we'll take another road trip?!?! I heard mommy and daddy say something about 2020...I hope that's soon, cuz I can't wait to get back on the road. I guess I just have a wanderlust in me that can't be quenched!

BTW--it was fun to see Uncle Paddy and Auntie Cher, too. We had them over for a little BBQ and Wii party. I've still got my eye on you P-daddy!!!! Your soul cannot hide from my omnipresent eye!

Hope everyone squeezed the last juice out of summer!

Time to get serious about fall...gots to go plan my Halloween costume...

Love,

Lili (.)















1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

This post was hilarious! I loved the Baby Olympics too...