Sorry that I've been ignoring my treasured fans, lately. I'll be honest, I was swept up in the Beijing Olympics and they truly inspired me. Yes, some people love watching the games (me included), but I took my infatuation a step further and began performing my own games!!! Yes, and as a multi-medal winner, I'll be continuing the tradition every four years from here on out. What events did I compete in? Well, I'm glad you asked, silly! Here's a breakdown of the events I competed in this year. If you want to challenge me in 2012, BRING IT! Oh, and making up your own games and rules is essential. :)
The Naked 100 (around the dinner table): In this event, I run furiously and with nekked abandonment 'round the table, stopping only to pick up mommy or daddy's shoes and offer them to their respective owner.
2008 Medal: GOLD
Analysis: No one could cut those tight corners like me...and sometimes I even snuck under the table. It pays to be a pipsqueak sometimes!
Pickle Eating: I love pickles! Mmm...vinegar, salt, garlic, and polysorbate 80! New fav-o-rite food! However, there are very specific rules to this game. They MUST be Nalley's Hamburger Dill Chips. And unfortunately, they don't sell them is SoCal, so we have to import them from the great northwest--thanks Nana!
2008 Medal: BRONZE
Analysis: Unfortunately mommy and daddy love them even more, and can eat whole ones, while I have to dice mine. I'll be back in 2012!
Kitty Calling: I've learned the delicate art of calling our cat. Daddy has been teaching me, and now I "click-click-click" with the best 'o them.
2008 Medal: SILVER
Analysis: Daddy is the master, but I am closing the gap!!!
Puppy Impersonating: Oooh, I just love doggies...especially when they lick my face. Now, I don't have my John McCain or Barack Obama down yet, but I do one heck of a puppy!! Yes, whenever I see mommy or daddy I stick out my tongue and pant. They think it's hilarious, and this skill earned me my second trip to the top of the podium during these games.
Medal: GOLD
Analysis: Ruff, ruff! (pant, pant, pant...heehee)
Dishwasher Relay: My favorite chore is now an Olympic event! Unfortunately, mommy and daddy have much more experience, and are not height-challenged like I am. Regardless, I give it my lil' all and empty the silverware basket. My strategy is simple: take them all out, put them on top of the garbage can, repeat. I'm really good with the spoons!
Medal: BRONZE
Analysis: I'm so good with the spoons, it borderlines on obsessive. Must remember forks are utensils, too.
Golf Ball Scramble: I may not be the Tiger Woods of mini-golf like daddy wants me to be, but I sure am good at dumping his basket of practice golf balls across the floor! I know exactly where they are at in the garage and make a beeline for them whenever I escape the clutches of my parental units...usually grabbing just a handful, but occasionally dumping the entire load and watching gleefully as they bounce all around. What a joy! Makes me laugh every time!
Medal: GOLD
Analysis: Unfortunately, my parents say this won't be an event in 2012. :(
MEDAL COUNT: 6
GOLD: 3
SILVER: 1
BRONZE: 2
Not too shabby for a fifteen-month-old!
Way to go China! Best Olympics I've ever seen! Now who's ready for some FOOOOTBALL! Just drafted my fantasy league and I've got Peyton Manning! I'm gonna rule this year!
Love ya!
Lili (.)
No comments:
Post a Comment